Friday, February 13, 2009

First Flog Review: Resevoir Dogs

Film: Reservoir Dogs (1992)

IMDB Summary: After a simple jewelery heist goes terribly wrong, the surviving criminals begin to suspect that one of them is a police informant.

The Crunch: Well, what a great choice of film for Flog's first ever film review. Before viewing this film I had great expectations. From recently seeing Kill Bill Vol. 1, I was hoping for supreme action, witty dialogue and an exceptional storyline. Whilst viewing the film however, I could not help but wonder when something was going to happen. I was, how should I put it, bored. Except for the famous ear cutting scene, I felt like this film was missing something. Something that brought Tarantino's other films to life. 

 Despite this, I felt the film had some redeeming features such as Tim Roth's performance, as well as a very well constructed story arch. In hindsight, although I did not totally enjoy the viewing experience of Reservoir Dogs, the film still provides a satisfiying and entertaining payoff in its conclusion.

The Verdict: 6 stars out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment